Saturday 25 May 2013

"As you imagine and visualize and verbalize your new story, in time you will believe the new story, and when that happens, the evidence will flow swiftly into your experience. A belief is only a thought you continue to think; and when your beliefs match your desires, then your desires must become your reality." Taken from www.abraham-hicks.com

When I was growing up, I remember my sister (who is 16 years older than me - still is!!!) telling me that things are all in my mind. 'I've got a headache', I would cry. 'Think of something else and it will go away!' would be her reply. If had a toothache, she would tell me the same thing. 

My sister loved me (and still does) and she would ultimately come to my aid in the end (if I whined enough!!). 

Years later, I discovered that there was some truth in what she was saying - even though her meaning and my understanding are different. I think she was saying, 'It's in your imaginaition - ignore it and it will disappear'.  How I now understand it is: 'Whatever I give my attention to will become my reality'. 

So, in order to create more of what is pleasing to me, my daily task it is to do all that I can to put into my imagination all the things that I identify that would bring more joy to my life, to tell THAT story, to think about THOSE things, and to give little attention to anything that doesn't feel good. 

I have learned that my emotions are telling me whether the subject upon which I am temporarily focused is serving me well or not (whether I am thinking it, pondering on it, listening to it, or speaking about it).  My emotional guidance system lets me know if I'm on track towards creating an improved life experience from my perspective - rather like a GPS guidance system. It lets me know where I am in relation to where I want to be and guides me to where I want to be, if I follow the signs I receive. 

Therefore, it is my predominant desire each day to look deliberately for things that make feel good when I see them, listen for things that make me feel good when I hear them, and choose thoughts that make me feel good when I think about them. In this way, I am allowing my emotional guidance system to get me into a good-feeling place where all the well-being I have desired is already gathered and is waiting for me to be vibrationally in accord with it. Then, it MUST materialize. It's Law!

However, I don't want to fall into the trap of visualizing something in order to make it happen (to change what is) because then I'm mixing my vibration in the noticing that what I desire is not yet present. I want to feel good - not to change anything - but purely for the fact that it feels good to feel good.

My purpose in life is to be joyful. And I can choose to move in that direction at any time, in any place, and under any circumstances. 

Therein lies my freedom!
blogger templatesblogger widgets

No comments :

Post a Comment